One of the purposes of the SEGL is to foster national or international amateur competition in figure skating, and to promote the advancement of figure skating in the Southern Eastern Great Lakes region.
To this end, SEGL may provide assistance to individuals who are members of SEGL Member Clubs, as follows:
- Grants shall be used for schools and seminars for Judges, Referees, Accountants, Music Technicians, Ice Technicians, Announcers, Technical Panel, and other USFSA officials. The school or seminar must be sanctioned by USFS.
- No cash advances are given
- Individual should request approval of the grant prior to the school or seminar
- Reimbursement is not to be made until documentation of successful completion is submitted to SEGL.
- The individual must be a member in good standing of a SEGL member club.
- Reimbursement may be awarded to help cover tuition/fees, reasonable travel arrangements made in accordance with USFS expenditure regulations, and materials.
- Reimbursement will be based on the number of applications received and budgeted funds.
- Schools or seminars not hosted by the SEGL: Grant request must be submitted in writing to SEGL within 30 days of completion of the school or seminar.
- Grants requested are evaluated by the SEGL Board of Directors and ex-officio officers.
- Criteria for approval or rejection is determined on a consistent individual basis only by SEGL.
- Grants for schools or seminars hosted by a SEGL member club are not eligible for this program.
For More Information
- Scholarships and Awards Chair
- Jennifer Kaufman-Thompson